Thursday, December 28, 2006

the bookworm crawls by

music:motorcycle drive by-third eye blind
mood:bloated

I go home to the coast
it starts to rain
I paddle out on the water alone
Taste the salt and taste the pain
I'm not thinking of you again
Summer dies and swells rise
the sun goes down in my eyes
see this rolling wave
darkly coming to take me, home
And I never been so alone
and Ive never been so alive

i bought a book today! running with scissors by augusten burroughs. you would think, 11 years spent in the education system would have taught me how to spell the words 'scissors' , 'straight' and 'exercise' easily...but no. hell, sometimes i even have trouble spelling weird. "i before e except after c".

WHEN Augusten Burroughs was twelve, his mother (a poet with delusions of Anne Sexton) gave him away to her psychiatrist, a man who might have benefited from a touch of therapy himself. This is the story of the bizarre years Augusten spent in the doctor's dilapidated Victorian mansion, getting to know the paedophile in-patient who lived in the garden shed, eating Valium tablets like other kids eat sweeties and resorting to the vintage electroshock therapy machine to liven up those quieter moments.

i can't wait to get started.

No comments: